2. Measure from the chest, underneath the armpits, down to where you wish the dress to fall on the legs. Double this measurement. Add an extra 1 1/2 to 2 inches to accomodate the width of the elastic and the knotting. This will be your measurement for one of your colors - the one you want to be the longest.
3. Subtract 10" from the measurement in Step 2 This will be your measurement for the other of your colors - the one you want to be the shortest.
4. Cut the tulle in lengths (strips) of the measurement in Step 2. The number of tulle strips will depend on how full you want the bottom part of the dress to be. Note - the width of each strip is 6".
7. Move the knots as close as possible to each other to conceal the elastic band. Turn each of the knots to the bottom edge of the elastic.
8. Cut a length of 2 inch ribbon that will be knotted around the elastic in front and will be long enough to tie a bow around the neck as a halter. Knot the ribbon around the elastic in the front of the dress. Turn the knot to the top edge of the elastic band with two ends of the ribbon facing up. Tie the ribbon around the
neck in a bow and trim excess ribbon.